YLSS takes you behind the scenes for an insider's view of our community and demonstrates what it means to be a leader.
The program begins with an evening kick-off and Saturday retreat. The class then explores Sandy Springs through six interactive week-day programs and develops your leadership skills in two Sunday afternoon workshops. The year-long program concludes with a closing retreat on a Sunday afternoon in late April or May. To keep students from missing the same classes each month, meeting days and times will vary.
In YLSS, students:
- Meet at City Springs to get a close-up look at city government.
- Grab cell phones for a scavenger hunt discovering rarely-explored places in Sandy Springs.
- Meet with the police, fire department, and safety professionals to learn how Sandy Springs is kept safe.
- Observe a court room in action and go behind the scenes at the county jail.
- Crawl on the floor with preschoolers, stock a food bank or do crafts with senior citizens for a look at the nonprofits that serve others in our community.
- Visit small and large companies to learn how businesses drive the economy.
- Investigate environmental issues along the Chattahoochee River.
- Take the stage for an improv workshop and learn how to implement improv skills in daily life.
- Figure out what kind of leader you are and will become.
To apply, click here.