The focus of YLSS is not the one year you are in the program, rather it is what you do in the years that follow. We have the responsibility to use what we learned to make a difference.
- Mary Catherine Thompson, Davidson
In YLSS, you can:
- Explore Sandy Springs and learn how to be civically engaged
- Network with a group of diverse students from high schools across the city
- Discover what it takes to build a thriving community by speaking with business, human services, and civic leaders.
- Learn the skills that will allow you to reach your leadership potential
Applications are now available for students who will become high school sophomores and juniors in the fall of 2019. Completed applications are due by March 16, 2019.
Eligible students must either:
- Attend a high school within the city limits of Sandy Springs
- Reside in Sandy Springs but attend a high school outside the city limits, or
- Reside in Sandy Springs and be in a homeschool program
Students must have the approval of their principal to miss six school days throughout the school-calendar year. Students must agree to YLSS’s attendance requirements and code of conduct.
Tuition is $500 per student. Limited financial assistance is available.