The focus of YLSS is not the one year you are in the program, rather it is what you do in the years that follow. We have the responsibility to use what we learned to make a difference.
- Mary Catherine Thompson, Davidson
In YLSS, you can:
- Explore Sandy Springs and learn how to be civically engaged
- Network with a group of diverse students from high schools across the city
- Discover service opportunities
- Learn the skills that will allow you to reach your leadership potential
Applications will be available in January for students who will become high school sophomores and juniors in the fall.
Eligible students must either:
- Attend a high school within the city limits of Sandy Springs
- Reside in Sandy Springs but attend a high school outside the city limits, or
- Reside in Sandy Springs and be in a homeschool program
Students must have the recommendation of a principal, counselor or teacher. Interested students should have fulfilled their school’s community service requirements (if applicable) and agree to YLSS’s attendance requirements and code of conduct.
Tuition is $500 per student and limited financial assistance is available.