Live Learn Lead
Community-wide speaker series
Our community-wide Live Learn Lead speaker series is designed to address emerging and relevant issues that help build a stronger and more resilient Sandy Springs and Greater Perimeter area. In 2019, LLL won the “Excellence in Innovation” award by the national Association of Leadership Programs. During 2020-2021 the Live Learn Lead speaker series converted to virtual events and expanded programming to include Live Learn Lead at Noon and an alumni-focused webinar series – Sharing our Stories.
In the past six years Live, Learn, Lead has hosted:
- Peter Kageyama, internationally-recognized community development expert discussed how to build an emotionally engaged city.
- Dr. Jim Johnson, University of North Carolina, Kenan Institute of Private Enterprise, discussed profound demographic trends and the major implications for our community and its economic development.
- Lee Fischer, President and CEO of CEOs for Cities, who shared ideas for connecting urban leaders as well as how to build and activate cross-sector teams called “clusters” to make real progress happen.
- Hon. Saxby Chambliss (retired US Senator), Teya Ryan (CEO of GA Public Broadcasting) and Lee Rhyant (retired VP of Lockheed Martin) sharing their thoughts on civil discourse.
- Dr. Mark Becker, President, Georgia State University; Andrea Lawson, Vice President Talent Management, Diversity & HR Service Delivery, Cox Enterprises; Scott Price, Chief Transformation Officer, UPS, shared their expertise on “Transformational Leadership in a Changing World”
- Michael Goltzman, Vice President Global Policy & Sustainability, The Coca Cola Company; Erika James, Ph.D., Dean, Goizueta School of Business Emory University; Chrisopher Womack, President External Affairs Southern Company; David Rubinger, Market President & Publisher Atlanta Business Chronicle
Live Learn Lead @ Noon
In fall 2020, Live Learn Lead at Noon debuted, a series of webinar programs offering engaging speakers in conversation about important and relevant topics: fair voting, policing in Sandy Springs and mental health and wellness. In fall 2021, Live Learn Lead @ Noon will return to an in-person community luncheon with noted speakers under the umbrella of Equity & Inclusion.
Sharing our Stories
In February 2021, Live Learn Lead at Noon launched a new Sharing Our Stories series, with accomplished alumni sharing their wisdom, experience and leadership insight as LSS seeks to build bridges of understanding.
Leadership Sandy Springs
We develop, educate, and connect leaders through community engagement, innovative programming, and volunteer opportunities to enrich a vibrant Sandy Springs and Central Perimeter area.
1000 Abernathy RD
Sandy Springs, GA 30328