Our 9-month adult program includes 3 required elements:
- Opening retreat – overnight event that focuses on strengthening relationships, leadership development and team building.
- Closing retreat – a one-day culmination event, serving as a springboard to future community involvement and alumni participation.
Seven Program Days
- Seven monthly, day-long sessions are centered on issues and themes important to the Sandy Springs and central Perimeter area.
- Sessions include interactive activities on the following topics: local history & government, business & community development, environment, education, human services, regional issues, and state government.
Seven Evening Sessions
- Opening kickoff to introduce the new class, meet current classmates and alumni
- Evening with the Mayor, an exclusive LSS class/alumni first look at the new year
- Three small group dinners with current class members to build strong connections, allow more unstructured time for fellowship and discussion of key points of program day, plan service projects
- Team Building
- Public Safety Night