Since 1986 Leadership Sandy Springs has been developing, educating and connecting leaders for our community.
Leadership Sandy Springs (LSS) develops, educates, and connects leaders through community engagement, innovative programming, and volunteer opportunities to enrich a vibrant Sandy Springs and Greater Perimeter area.
We Inspire and empower leaders in our region to be catalysts for collaborative, transformational progress
- Leadership – We believe everyone has leadership potential and, when cultivated, we can build a strong community.
- Diversity – We celebrate and appreciate the unique perspectives of each member of our community.
- Collaboration – We strengthen our community by building partnerships with stakeholders to leverage ideas and solutions.
- Excellence – We offer exceptional programs to enhance the knowledge and skills of leaders in our community and region.
- Integrity – Integrity and honesty are the foundation of all our actions.
In 1986, the Leadership Sandy Springs Foundation Committee initiated the inaugural class under the former Sandy Springs Chamber of Commerce, and the first class graduated in 1987. In subsequent years, Leadership Sandy Springs evolved as an independent professional, nonprofit 501(c)(3), committed to educating and inspiring members to take leadership positions in the community.
In 2005, the City of Sandy Springs was incorporated and many LSS members and alumni were instrumental in its creation and development.
Since inception, LSS has graduated more than 1,100 leaders who are prepared to make a positive impact on our community. Our dynamic program opens doors for alumni through civic involvement and professional development.
- LSS has graduated more than 1,100 leaders prepared to make a positive impact in our community
- Over the last 2 years – 400 alumni have contributed 11,000 volunteer hours to LSS and community nonprofits for a value of $310,00
- Founded Youth Leadership Sandy Springs (YLSS) in 2010, inspiring over 400 high school students to learn more about and contribute in their community
- Since 2002, over 5,000 VBSS volunteers have improved city parks, trails and community gardens and built STEAM school playgrounds
- Provided free summer movies and entertainment to 1,000 of families, children and adults across Sandy Springs for nearly 20 years
- Through LSS Recycles in 2020 and 2021 we’ve helped our planet and our community by collecting nearly 3,000 gallons of paint, nearly 10 tons of electronics and collected 1,000 pairs of gently worn sneakers for those who need them, saving over 1,636M gallons of water
- Developed 16 alumni as executive directors/CEO’s of 13 community nonprofits, countless more serving on nonprofit and city commissions, committees and boards
- During the pandemic donated nearly $10K to the Community Assistance Center, Solidarity Sandy Springs and to healthcare workers
- Since 2015, our award- winning Live Learn Lead signature community speaker events has engaged over 600 business, nonprofit, and community leaders on thought-provoking and relevant issues